When we started trot.world, our main motive has always been to make our readers feel the experience, and take them along with us on our journey, while they are reading. We would always talk about hoping that people would read about our experiences and have their imagination transport them to a destination, and if even for a couple of minutes, bring positive vibes and a smile to their face. Just knowing about readers having such an experience would be worth everything, but being recognized for it is truly an honour.
We are very happy to announce that we were nominated for our first ever Sunshine Blogger award, thanks to Phoenix “Ami” Desertsong from over at Life Successfully. The Sunshine Blogger is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for bringing creativity, positivity and sunshine into the lives of readers. It means a lot for our work to be recognized by fellow bloggers and in the blogger community, and it motivates us to work even harder.
Here are Ami’s questions and our answers to them, and do check out her blog, and her Sunshine Blogger post here:
- What’s the one thing in the world you couldn’t live without?
This was an interesting question and got our minds racking. There are obvious answers to this question but we wanted to go for something tangible that we keep with us, without which the world would be a smaller place and its endless possibilities wouldn’t really be that endless. Our passports!
- Tell us one thing about you that people may not expect?
One thing that people may not expect, from us or from anyone actually, is something that the two of us are very proud of. During our courtship days, the two of us have survived just about 6 years (yes!) of long distance relationship. Due to our situations at that time, we could only meet once a year for about 2-3 weeks in a year. That was an insane time period to even think back to, but we survived and we celebrated our 2 year marriage anniversary this past October.
- What is your greatest pet peeve, in blogging or life in general?
Haha, people who honk when stuck in a traffic jam, we are looking at you!
- When you’re not blogging, what’s your favourite thing to do?
When we’re not blogging, or not even exploring, we absolutely love watching and getting lost in movies. We are currently trying to catch up on the best movies of 2017 that we missed. ‘Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri’ blew our minds and ‘Logan’ took our hearts.
- Is there a certain cause that you’re all about?
The cause that we are all for is definitely ‘Education for all’.
- If there’s somewhere you could go in the world, where would it be?
Great question! Obviously, since we love to travel, our bucket list of places to visit is huge already. But there is one thing that is on our rock solid number 1 position in our list, and if we could go there right now, it would definitely be Northern Europe to watch the Northern Lights with our own eyes.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully, with 90% of our huge travel bucket list ticked off 😃
- What is your overall goal with blogging?
Our main goal with blogging, and especially travel blogging, is to always write in a way to make the reader feel they are at that place, in that time, as they read along. To trigger the imagination of the reader to come along on our journey with us.
- How many times have you asked yourself, is blogging worth it?
Not yet, hopefully not in the future as well.
- If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing instead?
A great benefit of travel blogging is, whenever you plan to go on vacation, it helps push you to be as atypical about it as possible. To discover & explore more, to go off the beaten path, to appreciate the finer details of nature, to capture moments as and when they happen and to document them in a way, that when we come back to them, we can live these moments all over again. So if we weren’t blogging, we would definitely still be traveling, but would not have experienced or appreciated destinations and nature at such a level.
- If you could blog about anything, even if you knew no one would care to read it, what would it be?
This is a great question and leads right up to our first blog post. It would definitely be more of a personal ode to places that have made us, inspired us and impacted us and shaped us as people; and about our connection with such places.
Thank you Ami for your questions and for nominating us for the Sunshine Blogger Award, we really enjoyed answering all your questions.
To pass on the love and sunshine, we would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Destination Addict: https://www.
- Hang Around the world: http://
- Hello Bexa: https://hellobexa.com/
- Just Buttons: http://www.
- Sophia Patel: https://sophiapatel.co.
- Lisas’s Notebook: http://www.
- Happy Little Hippy: http://www.
- Rebecca’s Reviews: https://
- Wandering Waffles: https://
- Highlands 2 Hammocks: https://
- The Travel Bugsters: http://
And here are our set of 11 questions for each of them:
- You come across Aladdin’s magic lamp and are granted only 1 wish by the Genie (cannot ask for more wishes). What is your one wish?
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is the best blogging or life advice you have ever received?
- What is at the top of your bucket list and who would you do it with?
- What is home for you?
- What is your ideal vacation destination?
- What has been your favourite travel experience so far?
- What is a skill that you’re learning right now?
- What is something that made you laugh this week?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen recently?
If you have also been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, please follow the given set of rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.